Productivity, Procrastination & the Power of creating Lists
Productivity: Do it now so that:
1. It is done and you can move on to something else.
2. You can test it, and immediately make improvements.
3. Commit to start and finish a task.
Procrastinations: Do it tomorrow so that:
1. You don’t have to deal with it today.
2. You don’t have to deal with it tomorrow
3. You don’t have to deal with it ever (because there is always another tomorrow).
4. Maybe someday and somehow complete a task.
Everyone needs a To-do List:
A list is a Powerful tool for achieving goals.
Goal setting without a list can be as ineffective as shopping without a list. Your memory can only take you so far, and you spend more time trying to recall what needs to be done.
To accomplish more each day do the following:
1. Have a main goal.
2. Write a list of activities to do each day that will get you closer to your goal.
3. Keep the list handy.
4. Cross completed tasks.
5. Add or modify tasks as more information becomes available.
If you do this every day, you will find that you get more done in less time because you are more likely to stay on track with a list in hand.